Tuesday 15 May 2012

Red Shoes and Other Stories

.

A few days ago I uploaded a collection of short stories to Kindle and experienced such a feeling of excitement and satisfaction when I saw it highlighted in the Kindle Store and then with a single click downloaded to my own machine.
It really is amazing that such a thing is possible.                                         

Its title is “Red Shoes and Other Stories.” As you can see above, its cover has distinctive lettering over brooding water.  Two of the stories involve the sea, but they are all varied, each with its own genre, but linked by a single theme of “Searching.”
 Searching for happiness; for an identity; for a grand-daughter’s flat and for a long-gone childhood.
On the Kindle site a large arrow above the book invites readers to look inside and, like magic, the book opens.

One friend has already downloaded and read it.  She says “I loved the stories.  I like the way you write from a point of view that is not obvious.”

So, I do hope other people will discover this book. At 80p it’s great for a train journey or a motorway coach ride............ or simply a bedtime story.Red Shoes and Other Stories

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Eileen!! - I will be downloading immediately and look forward to reading them very much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!!

    I now have "Blood Tide" on my Kindle, ready for my holiday next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, Eileen. These stories have so earned their way onto Kindle. I look forward to reading them in that format. I am very proud of you and your writing. wx

    ReplyDelete