Sunday 20 May 2012

The Magic of Kindle

Next week I will be having a short holiday with the luxury of reading on the journeys both to and from London.  In the past I’d have carried one book and hoped I enjoyed it.  Now I own a Kindle – that amazing machine that can retain dozens of novels; so easily chosen from Amazon and downloaded with a single click.
For this holiday I have specially chosen a book written by a friend of mine, Avril Joy.
It is entitled “Blood Tide” and she lists it as a PI Danny Beck Novel; a detective story set in Newcastle-on-Tyne and Weardale, both areas she knows well.  It is a very different genre from her earlier books, “Sweet Track” and “The Orchid House.”
The cover of this one points to suspense and tragedy – wet streets and the long legs of two police officers.
I have followed the progress of this novel since it began and can say with certainty that like all of Avril Joy’s books, it will be a fantastic read.  I can’t wait to begin.
                                                                              

                                                                                          
                                                                       

2 comments:

  1. Hi Eileen. I too will be taking the train to London soon. It hadn't occurred to me what to read en route yet but as a fan of your stories I think I should take your advice and purchase a kindle so that I can read to my heart's content without the strain of carrying books around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you, Judith.
    I definitely recommend a Kindle; lightweight and easy to access but remember to take the charger!
    You might try my short stories, "Red Shoes and Other Stories," all for 80p.
    Have a great trip.
    Love Eileen.

    ReplyDelete