Sunday 30 December 2012

"Life of Pi."

Richard Parker keeps Pi at bay.


Some time ago I mentioned a favourite novel of mine – "Life of Pi," - a Booker prize-winner by Yann Martell.
It has now been made into a film and yesterday I saw that film and loved the story even more.  For two hours I was mesmerised by the Indian boy, Pi and a Bengal tiger called Richard Parker.
The film’s gentle beginning has beautiful scenes of India and the family’s zoological gardens, but these are soon overtaken by the noise and chaos of a storm at sea with the tragedy of a shipwreck and Pi’s struggle for survival against both the sea and the tiger.
Suffice it to say that if you enjoy adventure; daring and bravery as well as the most beautiful photography and seascapes, then this is the film for you. It even has a surprise ending.
I strongly recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds wonderful Eileen. I haven't read the book so I should put it on my to read pile - in the meantime I might just sneak off and see the film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did at the Gala Cinema in Durham.
    ERE

    ReplyDelete