Wednesday 4 April 2012

April Fools' Day


April 1st has always been a significant date for me, but this year it was far from being a fool's day.
My second novel “Bridge to the Moon,” published at the end of 2011, was featured on local radio in Wendy Robertson’s programme www.bishopfm/thewritinggame.com This is a unique programme for writers by writers, chaired by Wendy and broadcast on Bishop FM.
On April 1st it featured my novel and one by David Williams, “Mr Stephenson’s Regret.”  The two stories were linked by London scenes; mine the South Bank with its colourful mixture of tourists and beggars, museums and book stalls and with a particular archway that always attracts skateboarders.  And Billy-Boy is a champion skateboarder.
A North Country boy seeking his fortune in the city, he’s grown up in Care, but at 17 he has to go out into the world alone.  His ambition is to have a home of his own and a family to fill it, but he thinks he’s wishing for the moon until he meets Felicity, who just might form the bridge to that moon.


Readers said: -   The story was riveting and kept me wanting to read the next bit.

It will be popular with women everywhere.

Billy-Boy and Felicity were both incredibly well-drawn.  I really loved them.
I could see this as a brilliant made-in-Britain film.


The programme can be heard on http://www.bishopfm.co.uk/




3 comments:

  1. I can endorse the good comments above about the novel - and yes, it would make a great film.
    GW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    It would be wonderful if ever it could be produced as a film or perhaps a television programme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed the programme - will catch the podcast later - but I loved the book. I agree witht he readers comments above but would add that I found the story of Billy Boy touching and poignant - a novel from the heart and in my book they are the best.

    Time to put it on Kindle I think - I can see it being a great success

    ReplyDelete